Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Classmates Blogs

The first blog I chose to talk about was Mallory's Blog, labeled "Research Results." In this blog Mallory talks about research in NHL. She was very surprised to find that the NHL actually conducts a regular research and frankly I am too. I think it is very interesting that research that has intent to change things is conducted in an already extremely established organization. And like Mallory, I find it disappointing that the two articles she read about did not state what is done with the research.

The second blog I chose to talk about is Jordana's Blog. Jordana's blog focuses on the American Cancer Society. As a volunteer of the American Cancer Society and someone who has lost many loved ones to cancer, I found this blog extremely interesting. In this particular blog, Jordana addresses research that the American Cancer Society conducts in particular, The Cancer Fact and Figure Report. Among other things, this report consists of statistics and like Jordana I was shocked at some of the numbers and I'm sure many other people would be too.

This type of research that the American Cancer Society conducts is extremely important to what they do. Releasing some of these shocking numbers to the public would definitely create awareness to the  public, but more importantly to cancer. I'm sure everyone is already aware that cancer is a big problem but I don't think they realize how big it actually is and this type of research can force them to come to that realization. Creating awareness would then hopefully create action among many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment